Thursday, July 17, 2008

Creative Minds


Well I have decided to create a blog to keep those who are far away updated on what goes on around here. Plus I wanted to keep a record of all the funny and crazy things that happen around our home. The boys keep me hoppin and laughing.

Parker has quite the imagination these days. He told me yesterday, "Mom, I don't want to be a baby again." And then he added, "So if you see me going up to the clouds where Jesus is, save me." We attended the Burrup cousin reunion in Pocatello last weekend. It was a lot of fun to see everyone and share some of my childhood memories with the boys. Parker performed a musical number on the keyboard at the talent show. (He doesn't know how to play.) When we asked him what the name of his piece was he told us Ben 10 season 6. It was hysterical, although his song had a nice sound to it. And as a bystander you wouldn't have guessed that it was random. He has been taking swimming lessons this summer. We are working to get past his fear of the water. They have the kids jump off the diving board at the end of each lesson. The first time didn't go well, but he has gone from shakey knees to flexing his muscles before he jumps. He has come a long way these past few months. It has definetely been worth the time, effort, and money. He is starting preschool on August 19th. I can't believe it. He is excited and eager to learn.

Mitchell will be two on September 7th. It is so much fun watching the two boys play and interact. Mitchell wants to be just like his big brother and imitates all that he does. They are the best of friends. Mitchell will be talking anytime now. He is getting clearer and can repeat more and more every day. He is my mellow one and loves to cuddle and read "books." He is also my look a like, I have been told. I am so grateful to be blessed with these two fun-loving boys. They are each unique and I learn so much from them.

2 comments:

Jared and Erin said...

You did it, you made a blog. I'm like you, not very computer savy but I am learning. Stop by and see my blog anytime. I'm not very good at keeping up on it but try at least. Anyway, I love Parker's randomness. So are you going to save him if he starts floating up to the clouds?

runmicrogirl said...

It's fun reading about your experiences. Aren't kids' concepts about heaven so funny? So far, Mari and Miles know that heaven consists of God, their great-grandpa, their Grandma's cat, their guinea pig, their pet fish, and their balloon that floated away. Keep blogging!