Thursday, August 21, 2008

Here we go...



Well I am not doing great at keeping this updated so far. This week Seth and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary. We enjoyed a night out at the melting pot and stayed overnight in Park City. Thanks to Katie our boys were taken care of. It was a nice break and it's always good to reconnect with each other.
Last week Parker finished up swimming lessons. He is now swimming underwater and diving in. We got the last day on video. They did races with the other classes. He is growing up so much.
On that same day we had preschool orientation at Newcastle, which went well. His teacher's name is Mrs. Jeri. She seems nice. We bought new school shoes the night before and on our way there he informed us, "I think these shoes make you really smart." Then when we were waiting our turn to pick up his stuff he told me very entusiastically, "I can't wait, I am so excited to learn." We are relieved that he is enjoying this new phase in his life. So far the first week went well. Mitchell isn't quite sure what he thinks about Parker going off to school without him though. I think this is more of an adjustment for him. Luckily Sylvia has a fish tank by her front door to lure him in. His favorite thing these days is fish.

1 comment:

Jared and Erin said...

Don't worry about the blogging thing. It took my at least 2 months to blog my second entry. It's just not something you think about. Anyway, fun to hear about the boys. Parker is such a nut. I'm glad he's diving and swimming under water. Talk to you later.