Sunday, September 11, 2011

My Leap of Faith

For the past couple of years I have been going back and forth in my mind whether or not I was done having kids. In talking with Seth he felt like we should have one more. As I thought about it I knew he was right. I just couldn't feel settled with being done. But with all the things we have had going on in the past year this was hard for me to follow through with. But once we finally had insurance again after 6 months of not having any, we decided to start trying. After two months of trying I was starting to feel like maybe going back to work fulltime was the right thing to do. As we have been experiencing some financial stress with Seth's recent unemployment. I began doubting our decison to have more children. I have always been a more logical thinker. I began to feel overwhelmed with doubt and fear. Just as I was feeling this I realized I may already be pregnant. I decided to take a test to find out and if it was negative I was going to go back on the pill. I just couldn't see how we would make it work with another baby. When I took the test it immediately showed positive. I was filled with lots of different emotions but mostly worry and fear. That day was our 11th wedding anniversary and Seth would be home early so we could leave for our trip to California. So I decided to put the test in an anniversay card and give it to him before we left. I was so thankful for his reaction. He was so excited and reassured me that if we had faith in Heavenly Father everything would work out. I still don't know how, but I know it will work out. And I am so excited and thankful to be blessed with another child. If I have learned anything from my experiences this past year, it's that family is what matters most. And my children are the treasures that I will have forever, they are eternal. The rest really doesn't matter in the long run. So as I take a huge leap of faith I am excited for the blessings it will bring.

1 comment:

Katie Mullins said...

I am SO happy!! Congrats again! I just have to figure out how to get out there to see this little baby when it comes! My fingers are crossed for a little girl!