Sunday, October 9, 2011

Planet Earth

Last Sunday the boys were watching Planet Earth. All of the sudden Seth and I heard Mitchell crying hysterically from the front room and saying, "why didn't he peck him?!" Parker was trying to console him and after a couple of minutes of not being successful, we heard him saying, "well why didn't you shut your eyes if you didn't want to see it?!" Over and over again. Finally Mitchell came into the bedroom and said, "Mom one of Heavenly Father's creatures died." So we had to talk about the circle of life. Not sure it helped much but we moved on. Then after church he said to me,"mom I accidentally memorized the penguin movie and I don't want to remember it." This poor boy got my sensitivity and memory. So I told him Heavenly Father could help him forget it. Next thing I knew it he was praying and asking Heavenly Father to please help him forget. I didn't realize watching Planet Earth was going to be so traumatic. I am glad he cares though.

No comments: