Friday, October 28, 2011

Another "LITTLE MAN!"

I am 16 weeks now. So we carried on our tradition and all went to Fetal photos to meet our little him or her. This is a tradition I started with Parker and we decided needed to be continued. It has been fun watching both the boys DVDs of their ultrasounds. Especially now that they are curious how big the baby is and what he looks like right now. As we watched Mitchell's one night, Parker said to me, "mom I think having a baby is one of the greatest miracles of all." So precious!
So as we sat down and prepared to find out if this baby was a him or her. Parker was hoping for a sister and Mitchell was hoping for a brother. So they were making bets on which it would be.
I had been feeling like it would be a boy because my pregnancy has been so similar to the other two. But not really set on wanting one over the other. Maybe just not wanting to be disappointed either way.
As the technician did the ultrasound she was having a hard time getting a clear view because the cord was in the way. But a couple of times I thought, "it looks like a boy." Finally she got a clear view and sure enough my instincts were right. We are going to have another "little man" join our family!
We headed off to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner to celebrate. Parker was a little disappointed to not be getting a sister. So on the way to the restaurant he was listing off the good things he could think of about having a brother. Among them were; now Mitchell won't torture the baby, now we don't have to spend all our money on girlie things, and girls can kind of be bossy and I don't like to be bossed around. Then he asked, "so how are you feeling about this mom?" I said, "it will be good, boys are fun." Then he said, "well I'm not sure how I feel about it. I really wanted a girl."
Sure it would have been fun to have a girl. But I knew that Heavenly Father had already picked someone special out to join our family. Maybe it would be a girl and maybe it would be a boy. And I guess he has a special man that he wants me to raise. For that I am thankful. To know that he knows what I need as a mother and what our family needs. We feel truly blessed to have another healthy "little man" join our family and can't wait to meet him!

1 comment:

Katie Mullins said...

YAY!!! We love boys! Cant wait to meet this little man!