Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Weekend Fun

This last weekend I got to be home with my family. It was so nice to have some time off work and just spend time together. Friday night Seth and I got to spend with my mom and dad, who took us out to dinner at The Harvest Restaurant to celebrate Seth's birthday. The food and company were wonderful! It was so nice to go out on a date. Something that happens maybe every 2-3 months, not often enough.
Then Saturday morning I got to go watch both the boys play soccer. Mitchell is so funny to watch. It's his first year playing and I am not sure he has quite grasped the concept of what he is suppose to be doing. He runs the entire time but his eyes are focused on the sky, so when the ball does get near him he doesn't have a clue. When I ask him if playing soccer is fun, he tells me yes. So I guess at this age that is all that matters, right? Parker got to be the goalie for the first half of the game. It is so fun to watch him play! He is very competitive and intense. He has grown so much and I am so proud of him.
Then we headed home for some homemade soup to warm us up and a relaxing afternoon before Seth and Parker headed off to the BYU football game. After they left Mitchell and I decided to head to the mall so I could try to find some things that fit(I can't believe I am already getting bigger with this pregnancy!). Mitchell was so cute helping me pick out shirts and telling me how beautiful I looked in each of them. He picked up a flowery blouse and said, "how about this one?" When I told him I didn't really like it. He said,"ya that's really grandma, huh?" This kid cracks me up! Once we got home he decided a dinosaur movie would be much more fun to watch then the football game. So we got our jammies on, popped some popcorn, and crawled into bed to watch our dinosaur movie. So much fun getting to spend the night with my snuggly boy.

No comments: