Monday, February 13, 2012

So I have a couple of funny stories about Mitchell lately. He has been my little buddy and I am going to miss having him around when he starts kindergarten in August. He is growing up fast, as both of my boys are.
We went to the library last night for family night. I told the boys they could each pick out one movie. I want them to focus more on the books and we aren't always good to return them on time and movie fines are a dollar a day. Anyways Mitchell wanted to get a documentary from the adult section. So I decided to let him get two. As we were checking out Parker said, "Mitchell you got two movies?" To which Mitchell said, "ya, my brain needs to be a little more mushy."
Last week, after Parker had an emotional meltdown. I heard Mitchell saying to Parker, "Ms. Amy tells me when you feel like crying, all you have to do is take a couple of deep breaths and say a-kuna-ma-ta-ta. That's spanish for be happy. Then you will feel better." Cute to hear him giving advice to help Parker.
A week or so ago he told me that when you hear something you are suppose to do but can't actually hear it. That is the Lord speaking to you. Glad he is soaking something in at church.
One of the best parts of being a mom is watching them learn and grow and all the cute things they say as they are learning along the way.

No comments: