Tuesday, November 4, 2008
A Windy and Blustery Day
Well it's finally here. The day of the presidential election. Maybe it's the realist in me, but I kind of feel like no matter what happens it's a lose/lose situation. The world has veered so far from what I feel is right that it's hard to find much good, especially in the world of politics. Kind of sad but that's just how I feel. My little brother sent me a excerpt from the Howard Stern show that was sad but funny. They were in Harlem interviewing citizens about who they liked and why. Most of them were Obama supporters. The feeling is that black people are voting for him because he is black and not necessarily because they support his political views. These people didn't have a clue what they were talking about. All three of the interviews said they were very supportive of Sarah Palin as his V.P. They also supported him on his stand on staying at war in Iraq. (Which in fact is his opponet's view.) You have got to be kidding me. I have to admit I am not the brightest when it comes to politics, but you don't have to be that smart to at least know who is running with who. Then California is voting today on Prop. 8 which if it passes would ban Gay Marriage. The weather today seems very fitting to what is transpiring today, another great mark in history. We woke up this morning to wind, rain, and snow. It's definetely a windy and blustery day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment