
It turns what we have into enough, and more.
It turns denial into acceptance,
chaos to order,
confusion to clarity.
It can turn a meal into a feast,
a house into a home,
a stranger into a friend.
Gratitude makes sense of our past,
brings peace for today
and creates a vision for tomorrow."
-Melody Beattie
I love this time of year because it gives me an opportunity to remember my many blessings. I loved church today and the talk that was given on what it truly means to be a grateful person. Imagine someone you know who is truly happy. What characteristics do they have? Having a grateful heart is a commandment from our Heavenly Father. How do we measure our happiness in life? Our happiness is reflected in our grateful or maybe not so grateful attitudes. We need to remember where all that we have comes from. One of my favorite scriptures on gratitude is in the Book of Mormon in Mosiah 2:20-24. It pretty much sums it all up. I am grateful for...my family who is always there for me, a husband who loves me and who my kids adore, the gospel and all it brings to my life and my childrens life, a home and the comforts that brings, friends, and much more. What are you grateful for?
1 comment:
Wow, I think you said it all! I'm grateful for so many things - it's always nice to reflect on them at this time of year.
Post a Comment