Friday, October 31, 2008

"It's going to be a SPOOKTACULAR Halloween night..."




Parker climbed into bed with me early this morning. He said, "Mom I am so excited for tonight. It's going to be a spooktacular Halloween night." It was pretty cute. We actually spent the morning busily getting everything done-Paying bills, running errands, dishes, laundry, vacuuming, etc. After Mitchell woke up from his nap I got the boys in their costumes and off we went to start the evenings holiday festivities. We went out to cottonwood to an old peoples care facility that was having a trunk or treat. The boys had fun and once they were through we camped out in the lobby so they could check out what they had scored. Mitchell had devoured at least three pieces within a minute. And we are talking a reeses peanut butter cup, a sucker, and tootsie roll. Yikes! He was shaking as he was opening the wrappers. He is definetely my candy monster of the two boys. He was cute with his quiet, "trick or treat...thank you." When we were done there we headed home to find Seth making homemade doughnuts. The boys ate a quick sandwich and Parker and I were off for more trick or treating around the neighborhood. We were out for about an hour. Not too bad and the weather was pretty nice. Just a few sprinkles. There is a house in our neighborhood that Parker has decided was the spookiest house ever. So of course we had to trick or treat there. He was pretty excited knocking on the door to find out there was no one home. He came down the stairs saying, "Oh snake! There isn't anyone home." Such a build up of excitement to such dissapointment. And it was 7 pm or later. Come on people. All in all it turned out to be a fun Halloween at our house with lots of candy.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the boy's costumes, especially Mitchell's headgear :)

How did the family pictures go last week?

Jared and Erin said...

I LOVE Mitchell's yoda ears! And I can just see him shaking with the wrappers-the silent excitement. So does Parker say 'oh snake' alot? That is such a funny expression, I'm gonna try it.