Well we made it. Yesterday was the big Halloween party with my activity day girls and their dads. We made a Cafe Rio style dinner, dipped caramel apples, played a getting to know you game, and the girls wrapped their dads as mummies. Then we ended with costume contest awards. I have to say it turned out well and it seemed like everyone had fun. Definetely a success. I am really enjoying the girls and the people I have had the opportunity to work with. It is good to have a reason to get to know each of them better. We have a great ward here.
Yesterday we came home to take a break from our errands and give Mitchell his nap. Parker started to get bored towards the end and came in with a shirt and said,"mom put this shirt on and lets go." He was getting excited to go to the Millett's house to play with Cannon.(Bro. Millett watched the boys for me while Joann and I were at the activity.) Then he continued with,"if you wear this shirt everyone will say that lady is really pretty." It was a shirt I had not worn in a while, a year or more. He had dug it out of my closet. Then I remembered that when he was two years old, he was in trouble and in his crib having time out. I came in (wearing that shirt) to get him and he said(in his limited vocabulary at the time), "wow...Pretty!!!!" I thought it was cute then and it was just as cute the second time. Another funny quote of Parker this week was, "Mom just trust me." To which I replied,"Trust you?" Then he said, "Yeah, that's what parents, kids, and friends do. They trust each other." Thank you Berenstein Bears...ha. On Thursday when I went to pick him up from preschool, he could hardly wait to get to the car to show me his pumpkin. After getting in the car he proudly unveiled his pumpkin. There were oohs and aahs. Then he asked, "do you think dad will like it?" I said, "I'm sure he will." Then moments later from the backseat in baby talk I heard, "oh little pumpkin I just love you so much." Which explains what transpired yesterday when he heard me on the phone telling Seth, "they are coming to get our hay bales and pumpkins off the front porch for the activity." Next thing I knew it Parker was on the front porch quickly bringing the pumpkins into the safe haven of our home.
This week has flown but it is only the start of yet another busy, or should I say busier week. We have a primary program, visiting teaching to do, three halloween parties, family pictures, a bridal shower, work (I am working from 7 am to 7 pm the day after Halloween.), plus all the other chores that need to be done in a typical week at our house. So if you don't hear from me till it's all over, you will know I haven't had time to come up for air.
1 comment:
Parker is so hilarious. I think he is going to be a great husband when his wife is asking what she should wear or if her hair looks alright.
Post a Comment