Friday, October 17, 2008

My Little Treasures

It has been yet another busy month. I love this time of year with the changing of the seasons and the anticipation of the upcoming holidays. This week I took the boys for a drive up Little Cottonwood canyon after the snowfall we had on Saturday and Sunday. It was beautiful. We got to enjoy not only the sight of all the changing colors but also the freshly fallen snow. Parker has been learning about the changing of the seasons and weather in school. He was so cute on Sunday when it snowed he could hardly wait to get out and play in it. So I got him all dressed in snow clothes and he was off. There wasn't much snow down here, but he had a great time exploring in it in the backyard. Oh to be a kid again...
I took the boys to get Halloween costumes. Parker is going to be Anakin Skywalker and so Mitchell gets to be Yoda. The Yoda costume is so cute on him. I have to bribe him with candy to put the hat on. They both are excited for Halloween.
We have been reading a book about going to the pumpkin patch. And in it the little girl takes the pumpkin home and her dad helps her make a pumpkin pie out of it. So of course, Parker says to me, "can we make a pumpkin pie out of my pumpkin? " (He brought home a pumpkin from Nana's house.) Being the amazing cook that I am, I told him he would have to ask Seth. So while I was at work on Saturday the two of them made two small pumpkin pies, yes out of his pumpkin. What a great dad! Parker was in heaven. As challenging as he can be, he sure is fun and keeps me entertained.
In a world that seems to be falling apart it's nice to have these little treasures from heaven to keep me reminded of what is important. How easy it is to forget.

1 comment:

Jared and Erin said...

I can't wait to see Yoda. You will have to post some pictures of them in their costumes. I am so sad to not have mountains anymore. But we still get the BEAUTIFUL colors here. It's amazing, like all the trees are on fire. On another note, if you want to see a good movie go see The Express.