Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Western Week, Kindergarten, and Milk Money

Okay so here are some funny Parker moments from the past week.



*Last week at school they had western week and asked the kids to come in their western wear to school. I got thinking about it and realized we didn't have much and told Parker I would take him to get some boots etc. to wear. He said, "no I don't want to wear boots. I'll just wear my cowboy hat and sheriffs badge I got at Isaac's birthday party." Good enough. So the night before we laid it all out and he wasn't real thrilled with the button up shirt I had gotten out, but I reassured him that is what cowboys wear. So he hesitantly put it on. When I picked him up from school and asked him about his day, he started in on how all the kids were giving him a hard time because he didn't have boots or a big belt buckle that you could pull, as he put it. I felt bad and said, "Parker I'm sorry. I told you I would get you boots, but you said you didn't want any." He said, "It's okay. I didn't want you to spend all your money on that because I want to go to the movie, Monsters Vs. Aliens." I am glad he is learning to pick the things he wants most and knows that I am not made of money.

*We went into the elementary school to get him registered for kindergarten. I am really excited but a little sad we are entering this new stage. Anyways, as we pulled up to the school I said, "this is it, your new school." To which he exclaimed, "thanks you so much mom! I love it!" He is eager to start learning.

*On Saturday while Aunt Katie was babysitting he came up with a great idea to sell milk out in front of our house. He told Katie if he did this then Seth and I wouldn't have to go to work anymore and we could stay home with him all the time. This brought back many childhood memories for me of homemade coloring books, lemonade stands, colored rocks, etc. that I went door to door selling trying to make a buck or two. Oh the energy and enthusiasm of a child.

1 comment:

Tiffany Burrup said...

Those are too cute! Haha, I especially liked the milk stand. You have a healthy eater on your hands!... mostly... cute.