"I love to see the temple. I'm going there someday. To feel the Holy Spirit. To listen and to pray...."
As we walked up to the temple Mitchell said to me, "mom where is Jesus?" Parker chimed in and informed Mitchell that Jesus is invisible and we can't see him. Then when we got inside I noticed that everywhere you turned there was a painting of Christ at sometime in his life. So the theme all through the temple with the boys was, "where is Jesus?" They would find him and tell me what he was doing in the painting. What a special experience to share with them. One of the big highlights for Mitchell were "the cows." He remembered them from the Draper temple and immediately asked when we were going to get to see them. In the reception area outside of the temple where they served cookies and water, there was a piano playing hymns. And when I say the piano was playing them, I mean literally. The keys would move all on their own. This amazed Parker and shortly after we left he said, "I bet an invisible person was playing the piano. Maybe it was Jesus or the Holy Ghost." Oh the innocence of a child. It was beautiful and we are grateful to have a temple so close to us that reminds us what matters most.
1 comment:
It's so fun to have experiences like that with your kids! I'm glad you got to go with the boys. My boys also like the baptismal font - why do you think that is?
Post a Comment