Monday, August 3, 2009

Family Vacation....YELLOWSTONE

We decided to take the boys on one last trip before Parker starts kindergarten. Since I am the only one who has been to Yellowstone, I decided it would be the perfect spot to head...close by, very affordable, and exciting especially for boys. I think this is one of my favorite vacations with the boys so far. It was nice to get to spend a couple of days to just enjoy each others company with Seth involved. It's been a while since we have taken a trip with the boys where we weren't headed to see family. Some of the favorites were swimming at the hotel pool, seeing the bald eagle, seeing best friends, the geysers, Old Faithful, ice cream, visiting Grandma Vera, the mud pots, but mostly spending lots of quality time together.
Here are some of our adventures in photos............

Best Buddies



The bald eagle



Seth and the boys at Firehole Canyon. Mitchell is not so sure about being so close to that hot spring.



Parker's favorite geyser at the Fountain Paint Pot



Old Faithful



Grant Village



Seth and the boys at Yellowstone Lake



The boys and I at the West Thumb Geyser Basin



This geyser was my favorite. It sounded like a dragon breathing as the water beat into the cave.



The Lower Falls



Parker at Norris Geyser Basin

So much fun. Hopefully we won't wait so long before taking another adventure together.