Saturday, August 22, 2009
Distraught
Last night I drove up to Layton to support a friend whose father died last week and attended the viewing. My plan was to drop the boys off with Seth, who has to be coaxed to attend funerals of close family. Parker asked me where I was going and I explained to him that my friend, Stephen's dad had died. Mitchell chimed in with tears and asked, "did dad die?" I said, "no Stephen's dad." He asked, "Stephen's dad died?" I said, "yes." He then asked, "did dad die?" I said, "no." So when we arrived at Seth's office he ran in and asked Seth, "did you die?" Poor kid. If I had known it was going to upset him so much I wouldn't have explained where I was going. Then this morning while he was playing with Papa he told him, "my dad died at work." Hopefully he's not too confused by this event.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment