Friday, August 21, 2009

3 Years Old and In Charge

So lately I have wondered when my sweet, obedient Mitchell is going to return. No really he still is sweet, but obedient might be stretching it. Today while we were grocery shopping, Parker told me, "mom you look beautiful today." Then Mitchell chimed in with, "you are my very best friend," ended with a big hug. Then when we got home a couple hours later I told him it was time to take a nap and he ran in his room and as he shut the door on me he said, "you're not my friend anymore. I don't like you!" HMMM! Only a 3 year old can change their mind from one extreme to another all in one day. I'm not sure if I am ready for more fits than I can count all in one day, but I guess I don't have a choice do, I? My mom always reminds me that going through this phase means they are developmentally healthy. PATIENCE is key! I do love my sweet Mitchell though.

1 comment:

kbtaylor said...

The good news is that the 3-yr-old personality isn't their true personality. It's just a desperate attempt to show that they can make decisions and be independent. The real Mitchell is still in there somewhere and will reemerge in a year or so.