Sunday, September 7, 2008

Mitchell turns 2!



Well my baby is two today. I like to refer to him as my angel baby. While I was 5 months pregnant with him I was in a terrible car accident on the freeway that could have turned out tragic and it totaled our car. I know that there were angels with me that day. I am grateful that Heavenly Father protected us and allowed Mitchell to come to our family. With the birth of each of my boys I am reminded that with great blessings come great trials and personal growth. How grateful I am for these character building experiences. Being a mom is better than I ever imagined.


It's fun to see Mitchell developing into a little man, but crazy how fast the time flies. He is still such a sweet little guy but he definetely knows what he wants. A couple of weeks ago I was getting ready for church when Parker came in sobbing. (Most of you already know Parker is our more dominant child.) I asked him what he did and he told me nothing. I said, "well you had to have done something you have a cut right under your eye." He said, "Mitchell hit me with a book." Our sweet little Mitchell had given him a black eye, which lasted a couple of weeks. We are glad to know he can stand up for himself if needs be. Ha, Ha. They really are the best of friends though. Mitchell wants to be just like Parker and tries to imitate almost everything he does. They love to rough house and wrestle with dad and cuddle with mom. And when Aunt Katie comes Mitchell greets her with, "Katie...park?" He loves the park and is a little daredevil, so you have to stay right behind him to avoid a trip to the ER.

We celebrated Mitchell's birthday at the Hogle Zoo on Friday with Papa and Nana, who are spending the weekend with us. We got to see a bird and cat show, rode the carousel, and train, and of course got to see lots of animals. Mitchell's favorite animal was the white alligator and his favorite thing to do was ride the carousel. Everyone elses favorite animal was; Nana-the meerkat; Papa-the tiger ; Seth-the little monkey; Laurel-the white alligator; and Parker-the cougar. Today we are having the rest of the family over for birthday cake and presents. Mitchell picked out a Nemo cake because fish are his favorite thing these days.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Hi Laurel! It's your cousin, Jill. So glad to find your blog! I loved loved loved the stories about your boys. Boys are so much fun. I didn't know about your car accident, that's amazing! And I know what you mean, I hate to think about my "baby" turning two in half a year!

Katie Mullins said...

hahahaha! i love the quotes! parker kills me!