Friday, September 26, 2008

Definetely a couple of weeks of Cannon Chaos

Last week was a busy week at our house. On Friday of last week Seth lost his poppy who has been suffering from heart problems for quite sometime. Cari called on Wednesday night to let us know they were headed out there and it would be anyday. That night family prayer was emotional and it was so sweet to see the concern Parker expressed for Seth. He saw his dad crying and burst into tears and started to console him. He said, "maybe when your poppy goes to see Heavenly Father he will make him all better." (Parker has been praying for Poppy every night since July when things had gotten worse, to get better.) When Cari called on Friday morning Parker said, "poor Dad he is going to miss his pop so much." Monday morning we all loaded in the car and drove out to Fall River, California for the funeral service. It was a nice yet simple graveside service. The cemetery there was beautiful. The country out there is so green. There was quite a bit of family there to support Granny, which was nice to see. The boys enjoyed seeing all the grandparents and playing with the cousins. I was happy that they were able to meet Great Grandma and Grandpa Cannon and Great Grandma Menning. And we also made a stop off in Redding where they met Great Grandma Beula. The luncheon after the service was held at the meetinghouse where poppy baptized Seth. Granny seemed to be holding up well, but I know it must be hard to lose your sweetheart. I was grateful we were able to make it. By the time we arrived home, late Wednesday night, we had traveled 1,800 miles in three days time. Needless to say we were all a little tired. The boys did great though. We wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Seth and I with Granny and Poppy on our wedding day.

Last week Mitchell had a couple of accidents that landed us at the insta care with him getting four stitches in his forehead. Wednesday night he fell in the tub and split his chin open. I ended up not taking him in then. Then on Saturday night the boys were running around playing and Mitchell tripped and landed head first into the corner of the desk. This time he had a big gash on his forehead that went clear to the bone. So off we went. It was traumatic for us all (okay mostly for mom) but we survived. I was grateful Seth was there to be the calm and collected parent that he is. It is already healing up quite nicely 6 days later.
Seth and I are taking off in the morning for St. George. Cari and Katie are sending us to see Les Miserables Saturday night at the Tuachan theatre for his birthday, which is on Sunday. Katie is coming to stay with the boys while we are gone. It is always fun to have a quick getaway. We have both been wanting to see this show and have heard great things about it. Seth is turning the big 32. He likes the fact that I am older than him for 6 months. Hopefully Aunt Katie won't have any drama while we are gone. She does a great job with the boys and they love spending time with her.

1 comment:

Katie Mullins said...

I love reading up on your family on the blog! You guys are so great and I can't wait to get up there to see you soon! Love you all!