Yesterday Parker had a big grin on his face when I picked him up from school. In his hands he carried his new bug catcher. It is the cutest thing ever! (Picture soon to follow.)
When we arrived home he and Mitchell headed to the backyard and began busily hunting for BUGS. Again it was a lot of fun watching them remembering my own bug hunting days as a kid. They mostly found ants and a couple of potato bugs. Parker brought them inside and gave them an in depth tour of our house.
He explained to me that Ms. Jeri told them they needed to let the bugs out at night so they could go back to their families and find food. So as we were getting ready for bed he went outside to let them all go. But he came back in with a closed fist. We kept asking what he had, each time he denied having anything. But yes he was carrying the potato bug to bed with him. I told him to take it back outside. He said, "but then I won't be able to find him again and I love him." So being the sucker that I am I told him to leave it in his bug catcher. He exclaimed with lots of energy, "oh thank you momma!!!!!"
So I think there will be lots of bug hunting days at our house for a while. I'm curious, what was your favorite bug to find as a kid? Mine were fireflies.
2 comments:
That is so sweet. I loved finding fireflies but roley poleys were my favorite to play with.
Roley Poleys were my favorite! The tickled when crawling on me, and I liked when they rolled up in a ball and i would push them around.
Post a Comment