Tonight I colored Easter eggs with the boys. They had a blast and I stayed sane, even though I was attempting this one solo. It can turn into quite the mess. Anyways when Seth arrived home from work we decided this would be a good time to read the boys, mostly Parker, the story of Easter from the bible and make sure he understood what Easter was really about. He grasps more than we give him credit for. Anyways we were talking about the resurection and explaining that because of the sacrifice of the Savior we would all be able to be resurected one day. Which brought up Andria and Poppy, who are two people in our family who have passed away that Parker directly relates to. So he excitedly asked, "but when will Jesus come?!" Seth said, "noone knows, but when there are a lot of bad guys on the earth he will come and save us from them." Parker quickly said, "but their aren't any bad guys now." I guess the innocence of a child says it all. How grateful I am that my kids feel safe and secure in this not so safe world. Happy Easter to all of you!
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Colored Easter Eggs and More
Tonight I colored Easter eggs with the boys. They had a blast and I stayed sane, even though I was attempting this one solo. It can turn into quite the mess. Anyways when Seth arrived home from work we decided this would be a good time to read the boys, mostly Parker, the story of Easter from the bible and make sure he understood what Easter was really about. He grasps more than we give him credit for. Anyways we were talking about the resurection and explaining that because of the sacrifice of the Savior we would all be able to be resurected one day. Which brought up Andria and Poppy, who are two people in our family who have passed away that Parker directly relates to. So he excitedly asked, "but when will Jesus come?!" Seth said, "noone knows, but when there are a lot of bad guys on the earth he will come and save us from them." Parker quickly said, "but their aren't any bad guys now." I guess the innocence of a child says it all. How grateful I am that my kids feel safe and secure in this not so safe world. Happy Easter to all of you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment