So I decided to carry this tradition on with my own kids. On Monday night for Family Home Evening we took the boys shopping for one another. I went with Parker and I have to say at first he was picking out things he would want. But it was a good opportunity to teach him how to think about what Mitchell likes and pick something out that he would like. It was fun to see some of that same excitement,I remember having as a kid, in his eyes as he told Mitchell he picked out a surprise for him.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Holiday Traditions
One of my favorite holiday traditions growing up was the gift exchange I did each year with my siblings. We would write everyones name down on a piece of paper, throw them in a hat, and each draw one out. When we were done we would load up in the car and head to Wal-Mart to find the perfect gift for that person. It was great fun shopping and ducking and hiding from the person whose name we had. We would get home and split off to wrap up our gifts. They were usually in the $5-$10 price range. But even so it was a great tradition and created some fun memories for me.
So I decided to carry this tradition on with my own kids. On Monday night for Family Home Evening we took the boys shopping for one another. I went with Parker and I have to say at first he was picking out things he would want. But it was a good opportunity to teach him how to think about what Mitchell likes and pick something out that he would like. It was fun to see some of that same excitement,I remember having as a kid, in his eyes as he told Mitchell he picked out a surprise for him.
So I decided to carry this tradition on with my own kids. On Monday night for Family Home Evening we took the boys shopping for one another. I went with Parker and I have to say at first he was picking out things he would want. But it was a good opportunity to teach him how to think about what Mitchell likes and pick something out that he would like. It was fun to see some of that same excitement,I remember having as a kid, in his eyes as he told Mitchell he picked out a surprise for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment