Thursday, February 19, 2009

Pre-School Time

Today I helped at Parker's school. I loved being able to see him in his little school routine. The kids were all so cute and I was impressed with how well Ms. Jeri handled them all. Behavior wise they all did well.
Okay here I go bragging, but I was proud to see that Parker was one of the best in his class. I could tell his teacher really enjoys him. Especially since I have always wondered if I had an ADD or ADHD child. Recently he seems to have really grown out of that. Whew! He is just a high energy kid that wants to know about everything. Not a bad thing.
When I got there they were learning how to make homemade icecream. Then we went over to Parker's classroom to learn about the letter of the week and do centers. Ms. Jeri had me help with the Puppet center. Each week they learn about a new letter and sound. Then they color a puppet that has the letter and something that starts with that letter on it. They also pratice writing their names and draw two things that start with the letter on the back of their puppet. Todays letter was D. Parker was working on his and he told everyone he had drawn a doughnut and a person going on a date. Then he said, "mom will you go on a date with me?" Then he immediately got flushed and looked down. It was too cute.
When they finished centers we switched rooms and they got to have the homemade ice cream for their snack. Then they worked on their craft project, making a cow, and practiced counting. They are learning to count to 30. I missed singing time, which is last, because I had to get to work. Again, good times. Hopefully I can do it again before school is over.

2 comments:

Jared and Erin said...

How fun! It's great that he's still young enough to want to ask you out but old enough to get embarrassed. You are a lucky lady!

Katie Mullins said...

i love this! how cool to get to watch him at school and I love that he asked you on a date! sounds like his preschool is really cool!