So I mentioned before that I like to read. This is something that I have taken up more after Mitchell was born. Before that I read a book now and then, but I would much rather be out and about socializing. Now I realize what I have been missing out on all these years. Don't get me wrong I haven't become one of those marathon readers that finishes a book in days or even a week. It still takes me a month or two to tackle a book. But what a relaxing and inexpensive way to spend your time.
But anyways getting to my point... my latest read was "Marley and Me" by Josh Grogan, which is now out in theatres. If you are a "dog lover" or ever owned a dog, you would love this book. Know that I did not grow up with a pet of any kind, but married a dog lover. For our anniversary three years ago, I surprised Seth with a yellow lab puppy. I had no clue what I was getting myself into. Parker was two and a half and most people that found out that I had got a puppy told me I was insane. Looking back I can see their point, but it has been a lot of fun for my boys to have mans best friend growing up with them. Marley is a yellow lab just like our Hurley, so I could definetely relate to the author's experiences. Most of the book is quite comical, but I must warn the ending is a tear jerker. Even I couldn't hold back the tears. Ha!
Parker saw me crying and said, "Mom what is going on?" I said, "oh, it's just sad." Parker, "how come?" Me, "(showing him the picture of the dog) This dog dies." Parker, "come on mom it's just a dog. There are new ones everyday."
But really a great read if you are a dog lover. Can't wait to see the movie.
What good books have you read lately? I always love a good recommendation.
2 comments:
Had to comment :) I also purchased a lab when Dalton was 2. Holy COW....that dog destroyed everything in site! We still have him despite all the damage...when do they grow out of the puppy stage anyway????? I know what you mean about having a dog for the boys! Even though he's destructive, I'm glad they have him....They love him so much!
My sister is a marathon reader - you should check out her blog. Every so often she will write posts about what books she's reading. I've read several of the ones she's suggested, and they're always good.
everydayreading.blogspot.com
ps. did you find out if you guys are flying into LAX?
Post a Comment