The night before that I called a friend and went to see Marley and Me. It was as good as I thought it would be. But I loved spending one on one girlfriend time without kids. Something I should do more often and don't.
Another highlight of my week has been getting the new Ensign in the mail. We haven't had it for a year and I have really missed reading it. So I spent the afternoon reading most of the articles. Funny how what seems like such a little thing can bring so much joy to my life. I also got the Friend for the boys and spent time reading it to Parker.
Which leads me to one of my greatest joys, my boys. This week I called to volunteer at Parker's school. He had a progress report sent home this week. His teacher had such nice things to say about him. It has been fun to see how much he has learned already.
Mitchell has potty trained this week. I can't believe how easy it has been. I basically stuck him in underwear and he goes on the potty. No bribes or rewards, he just does it. Every mom's dream potty trainer. The other morning my visiting teachers were over and Mitchell was playing with Grace who is 6 months younger than him. Next thing I know it he puts his hand on the side of her face and kisses her on the lips. Then he tilts his head to the other side and kisses her again and again. It was hilarious. We are going to have to watch him with the ladies.
Last but not least it snowed this week and got rid of all the yucky inversion stuff!
I am grateful to be reminded of my many blessings with the simple joys in my life.
3 comments:
Your such a sweet person... and Wow...the potty training thing took me 3 attempts and the 3 attempt was all summer!!! Congrats that's gotta be a great feeling!
Good for you, doing all that stuff to beat the winter blues!
Right now I'm trying to beat a winter cold...bleh. Any tips on that?? :)
I've been meaning to post a comment and let you know I've been checking out your blog, love your posts, and miss seeing you - even as infrequently as we have in the past. I'd love to get together sometime soon. I need to start potty-training Amy. Hopefully it will be as easy as it has been with Mitchell.
Post a Comment