So I haven't taken the time to say much about our trip to California. It was good and the boys had a blast spending time with their Nana and Papa and the "Girls"(Katie's bridesmaids). They were not lacking attention. I loved getting to spend time with Granny who was also there visiting. We haven't been able to see her much since Parker was born. So it was great to see the interaction between them as they got to know Great Granny. She is so sweet and good with them.
Riley and Katie's wedding turned out beautiful. The temple ceremony was so special and we were grateful to be able to attend. I am always amazed at the spirit that is felt during a sealing. This one was no exception. There was an overwhelming sense of love, strength, and peace in the room. One of the greatest events in your life, in my opinion. I have really grown to love this family over the past 8 years that I have been a part of it.
They had dancing at the reception center and the boys had a blast dancing the night away. I spent a lot of the night in the back corner at our table with Summer. Seth said Parker was all over the dance floor doing the cabbage patch, etc. Parker came and got me and asked me to dance with him. As embarrassed as I was to be out on stage in the spotlight dancing, it was pretty cute to have my little man out leading me around on the dance floor. When we were done dancing he said,"mom can I get you a drink?" I said, "sure." He asked, "Diet Coke?" Then he walked up to the bar and ordered me a drink like a perfect gentleman.
1 comment:
Wow, where does he learn this stuff from? Someone's doing something right.
Post a Comment